Odisha food security scheme, Food Security Scheme 2019
One cannot imagine his life without food. Food is the most basic requirement for an individual survival. It is the source through which we nourish our bodies. Food helps us to do our day to day routine activities, nourishes our body, keep us healthy and far away from diseases.Thus, we cannot imagine our lifestyle without this. Well here in this article we are going to discuss about the scheme which is been introduced by the Odisha. Thus, in order to learn about the beginning of this schemes as well as the certain reasons go through this article. Firstly we will learn about the Odisha food security scheme.
What is Odisha Food Security Scheme?
In order to benefit the 25 lakhs poor people of the Odisha, Odisha government has announced a Food Security Scheme (FSS). The scheme was introduced for those people who were left out of the national food security act 2013. Thus, the beneficiaries who were out from the coverage of the NFSA act are the main concern behind this act. In order to help the poor person who does not have proper malnutrition or diet, this scheme helps them to get a proper livelihood. Government always looks after to his citizen and to benefit them it continues announces different kinds of schemes.
- The Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot of Rajasthan state has launched a very helpful scheme of the people of the state. This scheme is launched on September 13, 2019. This scheme contain 75 types of helpful information […]
- In this year, a scheme has launched by the State Government of India. This scheme facilitates the people to make aware about their physical health and also provide free medical facilities and medicines. On 17 December […]
- A scheme is implemented by the Government of Maharashtra, Maharashtra mahatma jyotiba phule jan arogya yojana (mjpjay) in which the State Government provide free medical facilities and health insurance to residents. This scheme spread at all […]
- As we all know water is the basic source of our life. Our life without water can’t be imagine. But now a day, the water is become polluted and the level of ground water is become […]
- Sports is a type of exercise. It plays a great role in everyone’s life whether adult, young or old ones. It is beneficial for physical as well as mental health. This exercise reduces many dynamic problems […]
- Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Gorakhpur on February 24, 2019. The government has started this scheme to benefit the farmers. Under, this scheme the farmers are provided […]
- Farmers are the important part of our life. They work hard to provide us food. After so much of hard work they don’t get best prices for their crops. Because of this they are not able […]
- Animals plays a great role in humans life. They helps the humans in many ways whether in the case of giving food or in the case of protecting the human as safe guard. Animals like cows, […]
- The Government of Punjab implemented a scheme named as Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. It is established for the motive to improve the farmers condition and to help them. They are the very important part which is […]
- Rajasthan Jan Aadhar Card Yojana In Rajasthan, a new card is going to be launched. This card is used in the place of Bhamashah card which is launched by previous Government. The rules and regulations are […]
However, the scheme has been introduced by the naveen patnaik. Under this scheme it is launched as 5 kg of rice per person and due to this Odisha has to bear 443.5 crore per annum. Well later on the government has decided to implement the center as one nation one ration card. It was said that this program will be implemented form the September 1st.
Key Highlights of This Scheme:
- With the help of this policy the beneficiaries under this scheme can easily receive ration from any public distribution system (PDS). This also have its outlets under the national food security act (NFSA) as well as the state food security scheme (SFSS). Under the scheme beneficiaries are required to enter to the any public distribution shop they want. However, the facility of the ration card is that similar to the ATM card. Thus, people can easily take the benefits of this scheme.
- The scheme is proved beneficial for those poor and needy people. With the help of this scheme they received the assurance of the food security. Now every people have their own ration card thus, they can easily secure food for themselves as well as for their family. It is the right of the every individual to eat the nutritious food as well as to nourish themselves. Through this they can easily complete their basic requirement of the food. People are getting food thorough this scheme every month. The people of Odisha are getting 5 kg of rice per month at the rate of 1 per kg. Thus, with the help of the scheme the beneficiaries of this scheme are completing their basic food requirement per month.
- However, it is basically converted into the legally rights for the people as they were the food securities to the near about to the two third of the population. As they were providing the 75% of the food in the rural as well as 50% of the food in the urban areas respectively. Thus, the scheme is achieving the target to provide the food securities to the each and every needed people.
- First of the people don’t understand the necessities of the scheme. They were unable to take the advantages of the scheme. Well there were others benefits as well under the scheme, it was said that if there is a person 60 years aged or above without any support as well as assurance of the security then the person will receive the benefits of the scheme. Apart from this if a person is suffering through the HIV or any other type of critical diseases, then that person will also be covered under the scheme. So through this scheme they can fulfill all there necessities regarding the food. Poor as well as needy people can easily gain benefits from this scheme. They are just required to learn about the terms and conditions of this scheme so they can get eligible for this. If there is a woman in a family aged around 18 or more then she will be the head of the family. If there is no woman then the eldest male member will be the head of the family. These are few terms and conditions one must look for. With the help of this scheme there will be no lack of funds for the poor people of the state.
- However, for this great beneficial project Mr. S.N. Patro Odisha food supplier and customer welfare minister once said, “There is no limit of the poor and helpless people under the state and we will cover them all”. His words also raise hope in the minds of number of poor as well as needy people. Thus, the needy person can easily take advantage through this scheme.
- On the basis of the census 2011 there are almost about 4,19,74,218 population of the Odisha and under this near about 3,26,41,800 people which means about 78 per cent of the total population is availing the benefits of this scheme of NFSA.
- The rice distribution to the selected beneficiaries is carried out through the e-point of sales (e-POS). It is designated and distributes the rice at the fair rate.
Hence, now we can conclude that the government of the Odisha has announced a huge scheme. It is also benefiting thousands of the poor as well as needy people of the state. People of the Odisha must be aware about the scheme, so they can take advantage through it properly. Now with the help of this scheme each and every member of the poor family who is not able to get nutritious food can easily complete his day to day basic needs and requirements.