As we all know that our most of the population is dependent upon the agriculture. They work very hard in order to survive as well as to complete their own basic needs. But still they are continuously falling under the economic trap. However, one of the major reason due to which farmers are falling under this trap is financial hazard. So in order to benefit them government has introduced various different projects as well as schemes. There is also a scheme introduced by the government named Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana. This yojana provide them some health security. This scheme is a step in order to provide them some financial assistance as well as insurance against crop as well as their health. Under this article we will learn more about this scheme as well as about its benefits. Thus, go through the entire article to get more and more information.
Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
This scheme has been introduced by the chief minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik. It is a health insurance scheme for the farmers of the Odisha. Under this government is providing health insurance to the farmer in order to help them in improving their financial condition. However, under this project there are many hospitals, community health center in the each and every district of the Odisha. So the people will get the health benefits at the low costs. Thus, in order to provide heath insurances as well as basic health facilities to the farmers this scheme was introduced.
Features of Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
There are various certain features are there under this scheme. So, in order to take whole advantage of this scheme it is essential for you to learn about its various features. In order to learn about its features go through the following points. The points are as follows:
- The main reason behind the implementation of this scheme is to provide the basic health insurance facility to the farmers as well as to their family members.
- The main focus of the scheme is to provide various different benefits to the farmers on issues related to health as well as on accidental cases. Beside of this farmers receive the additional financial assistance under this treatment.
- This scheme is joined along with the many insurance companies as well. The farmer can easily choose any one of them under this scheme in order to get proper guidance as well as instructions.
- The insurance companies who are associated along with this scheme are insurance company of new India insurance, national insurance, IFFCO-TOKIO General insurance company and reliance general insurance.
- However, this scheme is focused in order to cover near about 60 lakhs farmers of the state. The main target of this scheme is those farmers who are financially not stable.
Benefits of Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
There are also various benefits for the eligible farmers under this scheme. These benefits are only for the eligible candidate of the scheme. He can avail all the benefits of this yojana. However, in order to provide some convenience to the farmers the package of the treatment is given under the two streams of the BKKY stream 1 and BKKY stream 2.
BKKY Stream 1: This package will cover the treatment expenses of the surgery as well as maternity which includes the care of the newborn which came up to rupees 30,000/- per annum. Apart from this also it also covers various treatments such as treatment cost of the drugs, medicine, general ward bed, registration, doctors, surgeons, X-ray, blood test, food, specialist as well as transportation cost which is all up to rupees 1,000 per annum.
BKKY Stream 2: Under this package the coverage of the treatment cost will be around rupees 70,000/- per annum. The benefits provided under this package are same as the package of the stream 1, but the difference under this is this provides the facilities of the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) in the emergency cases.
However, the beneficiaries of the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) are not considered as eligible in order to claim the benefits under the BKKY Stream 1.
Eligibility criteria for Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
This scheme is introduced for the farmers of the state of the Odisha in order to improve their lifestyle as well as to provide them some health insurance. Thus, only the farmers of the state of Odisha are considered as eligible under this scheme. However, the families of the farmer up to 5 members of his family are also considered as eligible under this scheme. In any case if there is more than 5 members in a family then any five members will be considered eligible under this scheme. Well the spouse is also eligible to register in the absence of the head of the family.
Implementation Process under Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
This scheme is implemented along with the help of association of the medical institutions such as community medical centre, nursing homes as well as private hospitals. Here given below we have provided details of the infrastructure as well as amenities which are required in the hospital in order to facilitate the treatment under the BKKY scheme.
- The hospitals are required to maintain several things such as diagnostic units, pharmacy as well as cashless treatments for the patients.
- Hospitals must contain the basic facilities such as fax as well as telephone services. Along with the hospitals this facility must be maintained by the nursing homes and medical sectors.
- The records of the treatment data of all the beneficiaries as well as the details of the insurer must be recorded in the concerned medical institutions.
- All the hospitals must have operation theaters as well as surgical cases and also reserved at least 10 beds in the general wards.
- It is mandatory for the hospitals to consist all trained doctors and nurses in the hospitals.
- All the concerned medical institutions must file each and every financial transaction under the income tax department.
Enrollment procedure of the Odisha Biju Krushak Kalyan Yojana:
The enrollment procedure is as follows:
- In order to get register the eligible applicant is required to visit to the nearest insurance company.
- After getting the registration the Field Key Officer will verify himself all the submitted details of the applicant.
- After the verification process is accomplished the smart card will be issued to the applicant from the insurance company.
- The respected applicant can easily use the smart card in order to get the cashless transactions in the hospitals. One can easily renew the smart card after a year from the concerned insurance company.
- The field key officer is a person who is being appointed by the state government in order to verify all the respected eligible applicants of the scheme. So they can implement under the enrollment process of the concerned government schemes.
Under this scheme tax filling process is also very easy. One can also file income tax return on the online basis.