A scheme is implemented by the Government of Maharashtra, Maharashtra mahatma jyotiba phule jan arogya yojana (mjpjay) in which the State Government provide free medical facilities and health insurance to residents. This scheme spread at all over the state. The main purpose of this scheme to provide these facilities to the people who are below poverty line. This scheme gives a great relief to the people of the state. Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana (RGJAY) is the old name of this scheme which is renamed.
Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana (RGJAY) scheme is a universal health care system run by the Government of Maharashtra. This scheme is for those families who are of low income or not so much wealthy. The advantage of this scheme is taken by those persons who are having the Antyodaya card, Annapurna card, yellow ration card and orange card.
The scheme, Maharashtra mahatma jyotiba phule jan arogya yojana (mjpjay) is announced by the Government of the Maharashtra on 2nd july, 2012. This scheme provides 972 surgeries or therapies. To improve the health system of the Below Poverty Line (BPL) people is the main objective of this scheme.
State Health Assurance Society of the Maharashtra Government supervising this scheme.
- This scheme provides free treatment in the hospitals.
- The beneficiaries get Rs. 1.5 to 2 lakh by insurance.
- This scheme covers 1000 of disease and more than 500 hospitals are under this scheme.
- Insurance holder get free treatment upto 1.5 lakh.
- This scheme is cashless and helpful emergency cases.
- Many of the orphan age home and old age home are under this scheme.
It is the scheme which is started for the people Maharashtra. Here are the information about who are the eligible for this scheme.
- Those who are the resident of the Maharashtra are eligible for this.
- To take the advantage of this scheme the people must hold the following cards Antyodaya card, Annapurna card, yellow ration card and orange card
- The beneficiaries are of BPL i.e. Below Poverty Line.
MJPJAY Required Documents
It is the best step which is taken by the Government for the betterment of the society. To take advantage of this scheme people should have these following documents.
- Aadhar Card
- Residential certificate
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Health treatment expenses and health issue information with doctor certificate
- Statment of patient health diseases
- Any KVC and Identity certificate
- Three passport size photographs.