Sports is a type of exercise. It plays a great role in everyone’s life whether adult, young or old ones. It is beneficial for physical as well as mental health. This exercise reduces many dynamic problems like stress, extra fat, acne’s etc. Asses various favourable events which are as follows:- freshness, confidence, enhance the stamina, boost up their energy, build up their bones and muscles and many other things.
Today, sports emerges as a important role in the nation’s development. It develops the economy of the country. The term Khelo India Youth Games means to play the games by youth generation of India for progressing of the country. With the help of this scheme, the youth generation never faces any type of disease from which India becomes a disease free country. Having this scheme in India, helps in many ways to develop the country.
Khelo India Youth Games is a national program which is establish for the development of sports in India. The main focus were youth generation. The Sports Minister Mr. Col. Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore has launched this scheme in Delhi. By this scheme, Rs.5,00,000/- (per annum) were provided to the winner. This brings a great opportunity for the youth generation to show their talent in the field of sports. Due to this it also brings courage, respect and care for India to be developed.
The Government believes that the youth generation of today’s world is the backbone of the sports. The youth generation can develop the economy of the nation through the sports. But sometimes due to lack of money or financial condition the young ones are not be able to show their skills or power in the field of sports. They can’t have enough money to show their talents.
For this type of conditions or problems the Government establish this scheme. This program has been started to develop the culture of the sports and turns India to be a sporting country in the whole world.
|Name of the program||Khelo India|
|Article||Khelo India registration|
|Ministry||Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports|
|Year of Launch||2018|
|Financial Assistance||5 lakhs per annum|
|Applicability of scheme||PAN India|
|KIYG 2020 Venue||Guwahati|
|Registration Process||Active soon|
|Registration mode||Online/ Offline|
Objectives of khelo india youth games
- Promotion of rural and indigenous/ tribal games
- State Level Khelo India Centers
- Sports for women
- Annual Sport Competition
- Promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities
- Talent search and development
- Sports for Peace and Development
- Support to National/ Regional/ State/ Sports Academics
- Community Coaching Development
- Physical of school children
- Utilization and Creation/ Upgradation of Sports Infrastructure
- Play field Development
Eligibility for khelo india youth games
- Athletes can register from all the parts of country.
- To provide opportunity to more athletes, ministry decided to introduce a new category for college students. Earlier only the students from schools (i.e. under 17 group) were eligible.
- Applicant should have great interest in sports and must be playing a particular sport.
- The age criteria for this scheme is 10 to 18 years.
Benefits for khelo india youth games
- This scheme is being conducted in 23 districts of the state.
- Under this scheme, about 20 million children of age group of 10 to 18 years will be included in the National Physical Fitness Campaign.
- The level of the game will be elevated by this plan.
- Under this scheme, 1,000 players willl be selected and they will be given scholarship upto 5 lakhs in 8 years.
- This scheme will only focus on physical fitness of the youth and in this scheme the fitness related activities are supported.